In the event of an emergency, please dial 000 immediately
To view the current incidents, please visit the Emergency Victoria website.
Call 1800 226 226
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, you can contact VicEmergency Hotline through National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
If you don’t speak English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.
The VicEmergency Hotline provides information during and after major bushfire incidents. It also offers information to help householders, landowners and small businesses reduce bushfire risk.
In a situation where you can see or smell smoke, VicEmergency Hotline can advise whether or not a planned burn is in progress.
To report a fire or emergency, phone Triple Zero (000)
Ring the VicEmergency Hotline to find out:
- What you can and can’t do on a Total Fire Ban day or during the Fire Danger Period (fire restrictions)
- Current Fire Danger Ratings and what the ratings mean
- Current fuel reduction burns and other planned burns
- Key bushfire preparation and planning information
- Programs, publications and services available including community meetings
- Emergency Relief Centre location details
- Neighbourhood Safer Place location details
- Recovery after a bushfire, including financial assistance essential water replacement and rehabilitation of assets and forest
- Community Information Guides.
Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm. Opening times are extended during significant bushfires.
Recorded information on specific topics can be accessed 24 hours a day.
You can also contact VicEmergency on http://support.emergency.vic.gov.au
Incident information is also available on the Vic Emergency website or by listening to ABC radio or other emergency broadcasters.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service
- TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 226 226
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 226 226
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 226 226
To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106.
TTY 106 is a dedicated text-based emergency relay service with direct access to fire, police and ambulance services. It can only be contacted through a TTY machine, not from a mobile phone or ordinary phone.
If you don’t speak English call the Translating and Intepreting Service on 131 450 for translated information from VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who can’t speak English, provide them with this number.